Monday, December 6, 2010

Zombies have rights too!

Nazi zombies on call of duty may be fun, but is it saying that no one else was made into a zombie? Or is it that all the other zombies aren't bothered to try and kill you? And do these other zombies still have human instincts? Can they feel emotion? Just because they're zombies doesn't mean they don't have rights! It doesn't mean they can't love!

...

Hello, and welcome to my blag!

Anyway, on to the progress on Cosmhór:

...

Er... Where did I leave off? Oh, yes, I had doubled the track size...

Ooh, that was a while back...

Let me think... Ah yes, I got a lot of pins and made it double size... Then I proceeded to change the motors.

Up until then, I had been using quite small motors, and geared it down lots, meaning it went at an alright speed, with a good enough amount of power, and the battery lasted for quite a while...

But I could do better.



Now, you need to understand the three motors I have... I have one small motor, one large motor...
And one variable motor.

Yeah...

I actually have 4 working motors, two big and two small. But only two have working plugs.
The other two have to share s single plug, and so I can only have three motors at a time.

Because of this, I was able to replace the smaller motors with larger, more powerful ones...

Larger... er, redesigning needed much?

I had to almost completely take the whole thing apart, only to find the larger motors were to large to fit side by side onto the axles already there.

Ah, not more gears!
I ended up joining the new driver to the original driver via 8 tooth gears, and so not changing the gearing.

But because I moved the motors outwards, they could no longer fit inside the original body.

Even more redesigning!

After a long while, I eventually managed to build a new model around the motors.

No, literally around the motors.

The motors stuck out too much, and so I had to leave a big hole in the side of the model to allow the motors to fit.

But making this hole in the side of the model brought up one problem I didn't account for...

The sprocket can't go anywhere!

So, after hours of work, I eventually finished my redesigning.

The only sprocket that had nowhere to go was the one at the back on the bottom... And so, I just moved it back a bit.

But that also meant I had to move the front one back a bit, to compensate for the change in the needed length of tread.

So now, rather than having a sort of parallelogram-shaped tread, it now sorta looks like a...
er...

How do you describe such a thing?

Gha, I'll just draw it on paint!


Done.
Pointing to the right, if you're wondering.

Now, on to other matters.

As our school is closed for the next while, and was closed for the whole of last week, they decided to give is "revision notes" online.

Revision notes my ***** ******* **** ******** *** ****!!!

It's just a tonne of homework!!!

I have about 5 hours of maths to do, an hour of English, a few hours of Irish, a few hours of history, a few hours of geography, two hours of science (which I did), about two hours of tech graph, about an hour of technology and 5 mins of music.

...just a sec...

So, about 20 hrs (and 5 mins) of homework to do...

What's that? The snow is supposed to be gone by Wednesday?

Goddamnit, internet!

In other news, my concert with the Wexford Pop Choirhas been cancelled, due to extreme weather conditions

It will instead go ahead on the somethingth of January...

Which rules out singing Merry Christmas (The War Is Over), so we're going to have to get another song...

Any ideas on a good song for the choir?

Post ideas in the comments plox.

Something everyone would know, btw.

That means no Scala.


Goddamnit.

Disputatio tibi posterius

2 comments:

  1. I know... but no one else in my choir would know it, so we can't do it...

    But seriously, any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete